Invincibility in Battle Aegishjalmur Pendant (FREE SHIPPING)
This Helm of Awe, also known as Aegishjalmur, is an Icelandic 'stave' rune which evokes protection and invincibility in battle. A stave is a rune repeated eightfold, radiating power in all directions. This stave is of the Algiz rune from the Younger Futhark, symbolic of the Wild Elk's weaponry: protective, yet deadly horns. On the top left of the outer rim is the Wolfsangel rune, which is symbolic of order over chaos and freedom from oppression. Engraved in the outer rim are many bind runes (runes of two or more in combination), designed with protection in mind. The runes on the top right are that of Thurisaz and Teiwaz, which are sacred to the gods Thor and Tyr. Thurisaz' magical meaning is that of passive defense, symbolized by the thorn plant. Several of the bind runes are "words of power", such as Rik and Fang. Fang is a combination of the Fehu, Ansuz, and Ing Runes, and is invoked to break bonds, both physical and mental. Rik is a word of power made of Raido, Isa, and Ken runes. The scaled portions on the rim of the pendant are stylized reptilian armor, one of the most evolved forms of nature's protection.
- Made of high quality excelsior pewter; nickel free and lead free
- Made in the USA by American artisans
- Adjustable cord (30 inches/76.2 cm) with laminated ends and pewter accent bead included
- Double sided (same design)
- Measures approximately 1 1/8 inches (2.85 cm) in diameter
- Shipping and Handling included